What could be the connection between Puss-in-Boots’ boots, Cinderella’s glass slippers, Snow White’s poisoned apple, the Pied Piper’s magic flute and a conceited, stuck-up princess?
– Artistic Pseudonym: Dimitris Stadas aka el tonto
– Born: May 29, 1978, Athens
EDUCATION AND EMPLOYMENT HISTORY:
– Primary school: received initial acting tuition from the actress and director Anastasia Basa.
– 1991: received award from “Ta Nea” newspaper for participation in the team of writers for the children’s newspaper “Mary Poppins”.
– 1994: matriculated from the Experimental High School in Athens and received award for paintings in a school competition. After participating in an amateur theatre production of the play “Blood Wedding”, was inspired to write the play “The Ghost”.
– 1996: matriculated from the 1st Technical Lyceum in Philadelphia, Athens.
– 1998: compulsory military service.
– 2001: completed a series of cartoon drawings in connection with the 9/11 attacks and the subsequent war, and worked as an illustrator for “ENNEADA” magazine later the same year.
– 2000-2001, 2003: attended theatrical seminars at “IASMOS” school of drama.
– 2003: rewrote “The Ghost”, including new scenes, and was awarded with distinction at the 22nd Pan-Hellenic Literature Competition organized by the Pan-Hellenic Literary Union, using the pseudonym ‘Dimitris Stadas’ for the first time.
– 2005: became a member of the Greek Academy of Magicians.
– 2004-2007: actively participated in Pan-Hellenic painting and writing competitions.
– 2006: graduated from Metamorphosis College of Private Education.
– 2005-2010: employed in children’s entertainment.
– 2011-2012: participated in a competition for short film screenplays.
– 2012: became a member of the Greek Association of Visual Arts “Apellis”.
– 2001-Present: worked at the Ministry of Culture as a part-time and then, from 2011, a full-time employee, but has never stopped writing or painting.